Maexxna is the final Naxxramas boss in the Arachnid Quarter, and she is by far the toughest of the three bosses that reside there. She is one hell of a dangerous boss to an unprepared guild, with plenty of raid breaking abilities and some fearsome stats. It is often considered that Maexxna is the first real taste you receive of the upcoming Naxxrmas bosses that you will encounter throughout the instance.
But lets get down to basics, Maexxna sits on around 7,600,000 hp in the 25 man version of Naxx, she also has some ferocious abilities which must be dealt with swiftly and correctly if your guild is going to pick up the rather tasty drops from this boss!
So without further ado, let us go over the Maexxna 25 man abilities!
- Web Wrap - cast first at around 20 seconds and then 40 seconds after that, web wrap sends two of your players flying towards the webs on the western wall, upon which they will be cocooned The incapacitating cocoon causes 2400 to 3100 nature damage every 2 seconds, but only has 15k hp so can be removed with relative ease. To help simplify this the players will be cocooned at the same two spots so your dps can stand ready every 40 seconds to release the affected players from their cocoon.
- Web Spray - A Complete AoE effect which incapacitates everyone in the room for 6 seconds as well as causing 2100 to 2800 nature damage. Tank must be buffed up with HoT's prior to this being cast!
- Poison Shock - A cone shaped AoE that reaches for 15 yards infront of Maexxna causing 4500 to 5900 damage to all those infront of her, this occurs every ten seconds, but is easily avoidable by standing to the side, or behind the boss.
- Frenzy - At 30% health Maexxna will frenzy, this increases her physical damage by 75% and haste by 50%.
- Meaxxna Spiderlings - Eight small spiders are spawned 30 seconds in to the raid and 40 seconds thereafter. These only have 14k hp and hit for 2k on cloth, but must be dealt with quickly to avoid unnecessary deaths.
The best way to play this boss is for the tank to take Maexxna close to a wall and then face her into the room, the raid should position themselves behind the boss with mages ready to frost nova and AoE the spiderlings. Ranged DPS should also be ready to take out the cocoons as soon as two of your raid members are afflicted by Web Wrap. the spiderlings must be taken out ASAP so they are dead before Web Spray, if any are left then some unlucky raid members will be taking damage while your healers are out of action, and will most certainly die.
Healers will need to put abolish poison and all HoT's on the tank before Webspray comes in to effect, if this is not done the Tank will most likely die.
When Maexxna hits 33% you should cut back on DPS until one last web spray has occurred, if you do not do this everyone may be immobilized while Maexxna is in frenzy, this can easily wipe a raid group!
Apart from that, good luck! The boss is not too hard if your group co-ordinates well and prepares correctly for each of Maexxna's abilities!