Noth the Plaguebringer is the first boss you will meet in the Plaguequarter of Naxxramas. While this boss is pretty simple he does require good off-tank control and some concentrated dispelling of curses to avoid a raid wipe.
Noth is a pretty quick boss to take down with a well organised group, he has two phases, the second of which you should only see once. This involves good off-tank control, during the main phase it is important to re-iterate that decursing raid members must be ready to decurse Curse of the Plaguebringer as soon as it is cast.
Noth the Plaguebringer has around 2,500,000 hp and will spawn several adds during the fight, learning his abilities is a crucial aspect of this fight. Noth's abilities are,
- Curse of the Plaguebringer - Curses three of the raid members, these player must have the curse removed within ten seconds or else Wrath of the Plaguebringer will afflict the player.
- Wrath of the Plaguebringer - If Curse of the Plaguebringer is not removed everyone within 30 yards will be hit with 3700 to 4300 shadow damage. A DoT will also be applied which causes 1300 to 1700 shadow damage every 2 seconds for ten seconds. This can be handled diferently to the 25 man version of the instance, if you have no decursers it can be healed through if the afflicted players move to different corners of the room, away form the rest of the raid.
- Summon Plagued Warriors - After every 30 seconds Noth the Plaguebringer summons two Plagued Warriors, these guys have around 100k hp and hit for 1k on plate. these guys cleave, so keep tanks infront and DPS behind.
- Plagued Champions - Plagued Champions in the 10 man version of Naxx have around 105,000 hp and hit for around 2.5k on plate. They have mortal strike so keep the off-tanks health up.
- Plagued Guardians - Plagued Guardians only come in the second occurrence of phase two onwards. They have 75k hp and hit for 1k on plate. they cast arcane explosion at very regular intervals causing 4k damage to all players in range (30 Yards) one of these will replace one Plagued Champion in each wave. However Noth can usually be taken down before Phase Two is repeated, so you may not encounter these.
Just like the 25 man version of this raid it is essential that the curses are dispelled as soon as possible. Although it is possible to heal through the curses in the 10 man version it is not the easiest way to finish this boss. If you have no decursive ability in your raid group then the three people affected by the curse need to run to opposite sides of the room to minimise damage.
The first stage is pretty simple, deal with the curses as above, preferably be decursing, while hitting Noth with all the DPS you have, including the off tank. When the adds arrive your offtank should take hold of these and the DPS should burn them down before returning to the Plaguebringer. Repeat this till you hit the second phase and then deal with the adds by the tank taking one and the off tank taking the other!
Keep healing up because shadow shock can deal a lot of damage to your raid, so ranged dps and healers keep your distance!
You should be able to take down this boss quickly and easily and it's a pretty cool introduction to the Plague Quarter of Naxxramas!