Romulo and Julianne is a fairly easy fight but requires good team co-ordination, it helps if you have a raid leader keeping an eye on things and making sure everybody is attacking the right person.
They have some fairly annoying effects which require careful watching, their self buffs can be debuffed.
- Eternal Affection: Holy. Calls upon Holy magic to heal an ally. Heal 46250-53750, Cast Time 2 seconds.
- Powerful Attraction: Shadow. Stun 6 seconds. Range 45 yards. Cast Time 1.5 seconds.
- Blinding Passion: Holy. 6000 Holy damage inflicted over 4 sec (1500 initially, then 4 ticks of 750 each). Range 45 yards, Cast Time 2 seconds.
- Devotion: Holy. Holy damage dealt is increased by 50%. Spell casting speed is increased by 50%. for 10 sec.
- Backward Lunge: Physical. Strikes at an enemy behind the caster, inflicting weapon damage plus 300 (Knock Back 35 yard).
- Deadly Swathe: Physical. Strikes at nearby enemies in front of the caster, inflicting weapon damage plus 300 (Affects up to 3 targets).
- Poisoned Thrust: Physical. All statistics reduced by 10% (Stacks up to 8 times), the debuff can be depoisoned.
- Daring: Holy. Increases the Physical damage dealt by the caster by 50% and the caster's attack speed by 50% for 8 sec.
In the first stage you will fight Julianne she is a caster and can be interrupted, this should be done as much as possible. The spell Eternal Affection should be watched most closely as it heals a huge amount. She is immune to silence but has vulnerabilities to things such as Kick, Shield Bash and Earth Shock. Mages should look out for the devotion buff which can be spellstealed, but if not any other dispel should be used as it heavily increases Julianne's DPS.
Try and kill her in a corner of the room.
After you get her down Romulo will appear. He has about 190,000 hp and is a warrior. Remove his buffs ASAP, as with Julianne.
Tank Romulo with his Back to the wall in the opposite corner to Julianne. Moving him to have his back to the wall will allow the melee DPS to avoid his Backward Lunge effect, which can be quite devastating.
Romulo can be Disarmed and should be done as much as possible. If you are lacking dispellers it may help to save disarm for when he uses the Daring self buff to compensate for the higher DPS.
Once you have downed Romulo things become really fun. At this point both bosses will self ress and need to be taken down, and this is important, at nearly the same time!
You have ten seconds between killing the two bosses, miss that and the downed boss will respawn with full health.
To maximise DPS and minimise healing it is suggested the raid splits into two, with the tank and casters on Romulo to avoid his melee attacks. The Offtank and melee DPS attacking Julianne, making sure to use the full compliment of melee spell interrupts.
Who ever is leading the raid must keep an eye on the health of both bosses to make sure they hit around 3-5% at the same time, if one is too far ahead stop DPSing. Once they are level again begin to nuke both bosses.
And that is the tragic tale of two star crossed lovers..